2. The name Februarius comes from februum, Latin for purification.
3. February has extra day quadrennially, known as leap year. 2020's a leap year.
4. The Anglo-Saxon name for February was Solmonath. Sol refers to both cake and mud. Cake month. Mud month. Mud cake month?
|Emma Magrath photo|
6. February's an excellent month to visit Antarctica.
7. Like brewery, February has two "r"s, neither of which is silent. [feb-rew-ary]
February's flowers are violet and primrose. Indigo bunting is February's bird. Learn more by clicking the labels below.